PSYCHOLOGICAL ADDICTION SERVICES, LLC
Outpatient Medication Treatment Program Madison WI
A counselor and patient develop an individualized treatment plan together on the day of their admission using information gathered from the patient and assessments.
Treatment plans consider each patients "individual" i.e. culture, gender, age, disabilities, etc.
Treatment plans are developed through collaboration of relevant, qualified staff, including counselor and patient to evaluate and revise their treatment plan as needed.
Treatment plans address both short and long term goals that are supported by assessments and realistic as achievable based on patients strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
The objectives of each treatment plan is to reach the goal of discharge.
Different Types of Therapy: (Not all may be provided at PAS)
1. Recovery is an individualized process with services and supports that need to be flexible to meet each individuals needs..
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) based on principles to build motivation that aims at engaging individuals to commit to specific plans and seek recovery through internal change that can occur faster than other therapies.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) teaches individuals to stop negative patterns of thinking and behavior, seek their own solutions to problems, addressing behaviors, thoughts and feelings with a goal oriented strategy
- Contingency therapy provides incentives to reinforce positive behaviors, like abstinence
- 12 step therapy seeks to guide and support engagement like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous
- Behavioral Health Therapy is an effective approach involving a combination of counseling to change behaviors, thoughts, emotions, and how people see and understand situations, with medication. This means utilizing a variety of supportive services within our community to get the services that understands and identifies all the cultural characteristics of an individual in order to bring about positive change.
- Art Therapy: a type of expressive group therapy that can help people express their thoughts and feelings that they are not able to say in words (SAMHSA Approved)
The responsibility for personal growth and change belongs to the client and we are here for you!